Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Bulk re-import of MediaBin images into TeamSite
ewan
We have around 6,000 DCRs that include a map image stored in MediaBin. Initially we imported these images using some custom Java code and the MediaBin API. I have just been told that someone has updated all the map images in MediaBin but, of course, they haven't been updated in TeamSite.
Does anyone have any recommendations on which would be the best way (Java and MediaBin API again, iw-cc/importmediabin, ...) of re-importing these images? A MediaBin task would need to be run and it looks like the name stored in TeamSite is just the file name in MediaBin, not with the ECM default of task name embedded if that makes a difference.
I'm not that familiar with MediaBin. I am hoping that I would just need to update the image. Would the asset ID have changed and so we would need to update the DCR also?
Any suggestions would be helpful.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Probably need to crack open the DCR to be certain, but the ECM connector used to put the MBID in the DCR, so it is very likely you will need to change those as well.
Check the Extended Attributes as well, but I am pretty certain the reference is in the DCR
ewan
By the MBID, are you referring to what I have been calling the asset ID? This is what is in the DCR:
{234909B1-4B5B-4DCF-854B-88B3C23913BB}
AZ999
media/Maps/AZ/AZ999.gif
and the extended attributes:
MediaBin/ID: {234909B1-4B5B-4DCF-854B-88B3C23913BB}
MediaBin/Metadata: View XML
MediaBin/ModifiedDate: Fri Jun 12 00:43:50 MST 2009
MediaBin/Name: AZ999.gif
MediaBin/Server: mediabin.domain.name
MediaBin/Version: 0
Do you know if the ID changes when the image is updated (even if the image has the same name in MB)? That changes the scope of the effort quite a lot I would think.
nipper
Don't take my word, test it out.
If you are just updating the same image, then no the ID should not change. From your description I thought you were reloading everything (which I took as new IDs)
The key will be to import the images without creating new IDs and you should be good to go. You may want to pose that question on the MediaBin Forum