Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
PLC gets stuck at "deploying 1 of 3"
Bowker
So we're just starting to let "users" onto our migrated system and the first person who tried to do a PLC hangs on the screen "deploying 1 of 3" (or something like that).
The deployment runs successfully (according to OD admin panel) but the job doesn't continue. We don't see anything in the logs...Any suggestions?
If I do it (as a master) it works fine.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Close the window. Go to the workflow tab, select the task and click "Start Input Task"
It should show completed
Bowker
In as much as that might work, that's not going to fly with my user community. It should complete. Any guess why the workflow doesn't register that the deployment completed?
Bowker
Well, I had the user "Start Input Task" and they received a popup screen that says "Initializing deployment..." and stayed there and OD didn't do anything. There's nothing from this morning in the list of deployments run.
Other notes - the task is #29326 in OD's admin panel I see a two deployments with that Task ID from yesterday already completed (Successfully).
Bottom line - starting the task over didn't help, it just stayed there.
nipper
OK, my solution works when the popup gets out of sync with the server. It is an intermittent issue.
I saw your symptoms once and it took and iwreset -ui to clear it up. The OD had hung (receiver logs full).
I reread your post and you said a master can do this without trouble ? Is this still true or was that coincidence ?
Andy
Bowker
If I assign the user as a Master it works.
nipper
OK, so different issue than what I had.
If you make a user a Master, it works or is it certain Masters ?
Are all users AD users ? Log on locally attribute set ? Are they in OD roles ?
Master *shouldn't* make a difference but the OD role or log on locally might.
Bowker
Removed master and granted Administrator access to the branch - the PLC works.
When I remove Administrator it hangs still on 1 of 3 deployments.
At this point (which is in a non-working state) the user I'm testing with has the following rights on the branch:
Site Manager
Author
Editor
Reviewer
WorkflowUser
They also have "Access to all deployments" enabled.
Administrator access to the branch is a little bit too much access for this group of people.