Hello,I have a tpl file having a field -< item name="SomeLink" pathid="SomeLink">< browser extns="html" initial-dir="/common/bios/" required="f" maxlength="100" />< /item>----------------------------------------------------------where the user needs to select the html file.When the user selects the file, the entire path comes into the DCR.eg: /common/bios/test.htmlBut I need the value in the field as only - test.html and not /common/bios/test.htmlIs there any way through which this can be done?
Posted code fragments should not get into a loop, not on it's own anyway. onItemChange trigger does not fire if you modify Item's Value within code. You must be calling 'testFunction' somewhere else as well, possibly on some other Events.
function onItemChangeHandler(item) { var state = IWDatacapture.getItem("/some/hidden/field"); if (state.getValue() == "") { state.setValue("1"); // do the changes you want to item } else { state.setValue(""); }}
onItemChange event is getting triggered but seems like it is going under iteration. this is TS 6.7.2 SP2, Linux OS[...]The msgbox clearly shows that testFunction is going into loop. Is there any way by which I can stop this iteration or atelast find out why this iteration is happening
Okay - I wasn't sure if it happened with 6.7.2, but apparently it does
It's a TS bug then. Documentation clearly states that an event is triggered by manual modifications plus(in some cases) focus change. That's how it used to work in previous TS Versions and in any event-driven GUI that I worked with like VB, Forté, JS and whatnot