Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
.nfsXXXX files?
disco
Hi,
I am wondering if anyone knows how to get TeamSite to stop creating extra files in the workarea with the naming format .nfsXXX. ie .nfsBA04. I am running TeamSite 5.5.2 on Solaris 8.
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
james1
I just did a Google search for ".nfsxxxx files", and the very first link returned is very informative:
http://www.sunmanagers.org/pipermail/summaries/2002-September/003780.html
The answer to your question is: No -- TeamSite needs to create these files in order to be a proper NFS server.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
disco
Thanks James. Very useful.
Migrateduser
So does TeamSite know not to submit these and not to deploy them or does every client have to implement this?
johnjamesmarsh
I don't know how everyone else gets round this but I added them to my autoprivate.cfg file like so:
(
(
((.nfsx)(4)(0)) [NFS Files files]
((*.tmp)(0)(4)) [Temp files]
((*.bak)(0)(4)) [Backup files]
((*.scc)(0)(4)) [Any rouge Visual Source Safe files]
)
)
Hope that helps,
John
Migrateduser
Thanks, I have modified autoprivate and written a script to mark all existing \.nfs.{4} files private. I don't really understand what the NFS client is in this case though - an explanation of how this pertains to TeamSite would be great.
Does anyone know if the following works on the TeamSite virtual file system, or do you use something custom (and if so how long to wait before assuming an error).
- Make sure that the following entry exists in the root crontab on the
NFS
server:
15 3 * * 0 /usr/lib/fs/nfs/nfsfind
nfsfind script cleans these files out from time to time if they
exists
because of a client crash without sending a
remove request to the server.(nfsfind script exists in both Solaris
6/8)
johnjamesmarsh
I don't know if someone with real knowledge wants to answer this but this is my understanding.
Teamsite creates a device under /iwserver using the files in iw-store. I think NFS is used to map from /iwserver/default to /iwmnt/default (asuming you are using Solaris and accepted all the default names). It is also mapped to /.iwmnt/default and then there is a symbolic link from /iwmnt/default to /default.
As for why the .nfs files appear? I have three systems at the moment, an old 4.5.1, a 5.5.2 SP2 and a 5.5.2 SP3 and the only one that suffers is the 5.5.2 SP2. I have not seen any on the other two. That suggests something to do with the set-up.
Anyone have a better explaination of what is going on? And why?