Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
LscsQuery in TS 7.1 w LS
Binettoid
Hi TeamSite Deities and Demigods!
I am struggling with this external and have a few questions. If anyone can answer (or try to) any of these, I'd be very grateful (as well as more than a little bit impressed - nobody I speak to seems to know how to use these correctly).
a) First off, this appears to be an old way of doing things. For example, LscsQuery extends BaseLscsExternal, which is allegedly deprecated. Is this the case? If so, what's the new way?
b) I got livesitecs_components.jar from Autonomy and was able to build LscsQuery, which I want to use to implement search functionality on my runtime website. When I try to use this class, servletd_out.log says SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet default threw exception
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.interwoven.livesite.component.lscs.external.net.BaseLscsExternal
Anyone know how to solve this? My livesitecs_components.jar is in C:\Interwoven\TeamSite\httpd\webapps\content_center\WEB-INF\lib
c) I want to use the generator ContentRetriever to get the options for my search tool select boxes (e.g. Content Type or other Taxonomy-defined metadata) and have built this and wrapped a component around it. I'm not passing any parameters to this external. When I preview this, I get no log output at all but simply a parse error "undefined", despite including debugging system.out lines. Changing the PropertyContext to RequestContext and rebuilding results in some output in the servletd_out.log as below.
Getting content Categories...
Branch Path : /default/main/devbranch
Created List args
Added Branch to List args
List types: --> 0
No Content Categories available
Except we do have Content Categories defined in our taxonomy, and some content has been tagged with this and submitted via PLC.
Slowly getting to grips with TS7.1 but banging my head against these for nearly 2 weeks now....somebody put me out of my misery ;-)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Binettoid
Actually I solved this one too. We had missing library files.
BUT i am still not able to search correctly.
If we query content using elements of the taxonomy of a site and the asset is tagged with 1 value we can get results using the ID value of the taxonomy node.
However, if the asset has been tagged with more that one category, the metadata appears to be set with ID + ":/" + display name.
e.g. Asset tagged with one "Topics" content category value
gba1ou48
and so querying for TeamSite/Metadata/ContentCategories="gba1ou48" brings back the document
If I use the debug panel we can only get results for multiple values if we paste in the full string for attribute values:
e.g. Asset tagged with multiple Topics
gba1ou4c:/Scamsgba1ou4h:/Work
and now querying for TeamSite/Metadata/ContentCategories="gba1ou4c" brings back nothing
in fact the only way we can bring back this document is
by querying for TeamSite/Metadata/ContentCategories="gba1ou4c:/Scamsgba1ou4h:/Work"
If we set the component to use a SelectMultiple field then it tries e.g.
TeamSite/Metadata/ContentCategories:=[gba1ou4c, gba1ou4h] which also brings nothing.
SO, what's the best way to query assets when an asset have been tagged with multiple values for a field?
Is it supported to change the lables from taxonomies from CategoryType and Content Type?
Migrateduser
Try:
TeamSite/Metadata/ContentCategories:"gba1ou4c"
ditch the equals sign.
The "best" help is lscs_71_tech_ref_v01_en.pdf which is the LiveSite Content Services Technical Reference Guide. Chapter 3 Filtering Rules Language.
Binettoid
Sir, you are a scholar and a gentleman!
Strangely, I cannot find that document in the TS 7.1 documentation, which I access using my Autonomy ESD account.
I guess it lives with all the .jar files that were missing from our installation.....
Thanks again!