Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwfsshrink advantages for content store
namithapai
What is the best practice with respect to running iwfsshrink on the content store?
The manual says that there will be no visible difference to the front end users and also that it can be run when teamsite is running. So what exactly does it mean by removing duplicates?
I have run this on my dev box, but want to hear from others who have used it before running on production machine.
Also, please do let me know if I am completely wasting my time.
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
It saves disk space. Depending on how full your disk is, you may want to do that.
Crsb
it removes physical duplicates of a file if you have any.
namithapai
So I guess it would be a good idea to do this before a store copy.
nipper
So I guess it would be a good idea to do this before a store copy.
unless you really want to copy duplicates, it would be a good idea
namithapai
:-) Yes.. that was a really good one..
namithapai
Just an update:
Ran iwfsshrink on weekend and saw 10% reduction in space.
smwangi
This clt has always made a very insiginificant difference in disk usage for me. But I do it to keep the store efficient