Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to improve the response time of page???
SE123
Hi,
I want to improve the performance of page. I have around 6 components on page out of which 4 are common for every page i.e. header, footer, vertical etc.How can I optimize XSL code as I had already optimized server side java code, reduced unnecessary database hits etc. but now i want to work at component level as it is still taking time to render all components.
Can't I use the cache option present in component which will cache the component on first hit and avoid rendering on every page. Also when I tried to use the cache option in one of my component the behavior of page got changed as my vertial component fetch the xml based on certain parameters so on every hit of any item the xml will get change but when I made it cacheble the xml is generating correctly (saw in debug logs) but component rendered the old xml only..
Please advise
Thanks in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
vpatel
1. Optimize your XSLs.
2. Cache your components whenever possible. Note: LS caches the HTML output of the components and not necessarily the data on the back end.
3. Have you sized appropriately?
4. Look at the SP Dev guide, there are quite a few "best practices" in there.
If you are still running into issues, I'd recommend get an expert to look at it for you.
AlexC
What version of Site Publisher/Livesite?
SE123
What version of Site Publisher/Livesite?
I am using Livesite 3.0
AlexC
In 3.1 we added profiling ability by setting the log4j properties to INFO level. For 3.0 the above recommendations are a good start.