Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Readonly Fields
abhishek_gupta
I want to make the Headline text box visile only to Joe and hence entered the following code in the DCT.
<item name='Headline'>
<text size='40'>
<allowed>
<cred user="joe"> </cred>
</allowed>
</text>
</item>
But in the DCT the Headline text box isnt visble to anyone including Joe.
Joe is an author and I am using TS 5.5.2
Rgds
Abhi
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
What platform is your TeamSite server on? If Windows, "joe" would have to be "WindowsDomain\joe" not just "joe"
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
abhishek_gupta
I am using Windows2000 and I tried using DomainName\joe, but its still not working. The allowed tag is only for Joe to see, but its not visible when I login as Joe.
Migrateduser
You should also make sure that you are indeed logging on to the TS UI as DOMAINNAME\Joe, and that the user name is entered in the roles files in exactly the same way.
bw
Bob Walden [bob.walden@interwoven.com]
Interwoven Education Group
IM: Yahoo, MSN bob_walden
Migrateduser
Oh and one other thing: try using the iwdctacleval CLT to do your testing with--it's designed for this.
bw
Bob Walden [bob.walden@interwoven.com]
Interwoven Education Group
IM: Yahoo, MSN bob_walden
abhishek_gupta
Hi Bob,
Thanks for the info. It works no, but I feel there are still some constraints. I am working with TS 5.5.1
It only works if it is placed like:
<item name="Headline">
<text size='40'><allowed><cred user="domain\joe" /> </allowed>
</text>
</item>
In this case...the text box becomes invisible for the rest, where as it should be read-only. That is people other than Joe can see the text box but cant edit it. They can also read the content already filled in by Joe.
Is this possible.
Also if I try to hide the entire row, that is the label and the text box, for example writing a code like:
<allowed>
<cred user="domain\joe" /><item name="Headline">
<text size='40'> </text>
</item></allowed>
It does not work in this case.
Any suggestions of how to hide the label too alongwith the text box.
Regards
Abhi
Migrateduser
It only works if it is placed like:
<item name="Headline">
<text size='40'><allowed><cred user="domain\joe" /> </allowed>
</text>
</item>
In this case...the text box becomes invisible for the rest, where as it should be read-only. That is people other than Joe can see the text box but cant edit it. They can also read the content already filled in by Joe.
Is this possible.
Yes. Change it to this:
<item name="Headline">
<text size='40'><allowed><cred user="domain\joe" /> </allowed>
</text>
<readonly/>
</item>
Note the addition of the second readonly instance. The rule is, the first instance "allowed" in a multi-instance item is the one used. Joe will get the text instance, everyone else the readonly.
Also if I try to hide the entire row, that is the label and the text box, for example writing a code like:
<allowed>
<cred user="domain\joe" /><item name="Headline">
<text size='40'> </text>
</item></allowed>
It does not work in this case.
That's because the <allowed> element is only legal *inside* an instance element--nowhere else.
bw
Bob Walden [bob.walden@interwoven.com]
Interwoven Education Group
IM: Yahoo, MSN bob_walden