Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Spar error
monu1
Hi ,
I am getting the below error while implementing spar
(installation log will be written to /opt/interwoven/TeamSite/local/logs/com1_install.log)
Setting ANT_OPTS to -Djava.library.path="/opt/interwoven/TeamSite/cssdk":"/opt/interwoven/TeamSite/sharedll":"/opt/interwoven/TeamSite/lib" -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Dcssdk.ssl.key.location="/opt/interwoven/TeamSite/servletd/conf/ssl_cert" -Dcssdk.cfg.path="/opt/interwoven/TeamSite/cssdk/cssdk.cfg" -Dsites.workarea="/default/main/Test/WORKAREA/Content" -Dsource.directory="/home/ecmstest/com1.spar" -Dsparname="com1" -Dlsconfig.dir="/opt/interwoven/TeamSite/install/livesite/install_scripts" -Diw.client.config.path="/opt/interwoven/TeamSite/servletd/conf" -Dlog4j.configuration="install_archive_log4j.xml" -Dinstall.branch.path="/default/main/Test"
Executing command:
/opt/interwoven/TeamSite/tools/ant/bin/ant -f install_archive.xml -l /opt/interwoven/TeamSite/local/logs/com1_install.log
Buildfile: install_archive.xml
Couldn't open /iwmnt/iwadmin/main/spars/WORKAREA/Installed/com1/meta-inf/install_location for write (No such file or directory). Please check your installation. at install_archive.ipl line 242.
Any clue on this
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
hitc
the user you are using to install the spar does not have write access on the Installed WORKAREA. Change the rights for that the user or everyone has write access. And you will also need write access to your target workarea if there is the workarea_root directory with content in your spar.
The installed workarea is where TS will unzip the spar first and from there will move the content to the new workarea or into the components workarea...
monu1
Hi ,
I already had Read & Write permisson in the installed workarea and the target workarea where I need to install my spar.And I am installing spar through root access.Do I need to give some other permission also.Please help
hitc
can you attach your spar and or the log of installation?
is the file install_location present in your spar?
monu1
Hi ,
The file install_location is not present in our spar.Please find the attached logfile.
hitc
your installation is doing ok...
could you add a file called install_location in the meta-inf directory of your spar
just put the following in it
/default/main
normally at the end of the install Teamsite update that file just to update the date of the install like this
Installed Mon Jul 12 18:52:49 2010
if youv'e got the same error even putting the file yourself in the spar...then it is a security/access problem
monu1
Can any one please guide what all permission we need to set while executing
while installing spar in solaris or linux box.As I am getting the error
Couldn't open /iwmnt/iwadmin/main/spars/WORKAREA/Installed/aaa/meta-inf/install_location for write (No such file or directory). Please check your installation. at install_archive.ipl line 242.
Will appreciate your quick help on this
hitc
From reading your log, the user you are using to launch the install_archive command need to have access RW to:
/iwmnt/iwadmin/main/spars/WORKAREA/Installed
/default/main/GE-Money/www-test1-com/WORKAREA/Content
try to put Read and Write for others on theses WORKAREA for testing purposes.
have you tried to edit the file or create a file in the same directory with the user you're using trough the console...even if it is root,plz try it.
hitc
ok I got your problem
[exec] added /demo/demo/meta-inf/
[exec] added /demo/demo/meta-inf/manifest.xml
[exec] added /demo/demo/workarea_root/
your spar/zip is wrong...should be
[exec] added /demo/meta-inf/
[exec] added /demo/meta-inf/manifest.xml
[exec] added /demo/workarea_root/
remove the demo directory as TS does not find your files in fact.
the LS directories shoulb be directly in the zip as ts is just going to unzip it in the INSTALLED WORKAREA and then just try to read from Installed/spar_name/meta-inf.
but ou have Installed/spar_name/demo/meta-inf so it says does not find the files...
sorry I read your log too quickly last time
monu1
Hi ,
Thanks for you reply but I tried many ways of zipping the file and renaming to .spar extension but its extracting the file in wrong manner like:
/ttt/ttt/component/
[exec] added /ttt/ttt/component/Image.component
[exec] added /ttt/ttt/component/Toolbox.component
[exec] added /ttt/ttt/meta-inf/
[exec] added /ttt/ttt/meta-inf/manifest.xml
[exec] added /ttt/ttt/template/
[exec] added /ttt/ttt/template/gecapital_home.template
[exec] added /ttt/ttt/template/gecapital_mainColumn.template
Can you please suggest some better way of making a .spar file so that this issue gets resolved.
hitc
I myself just use a simple zip -r my_zip_name *
I usually create a temporary WORKAREA,crete for example a workarea_root and a meta-inf directory. Put content in theses.
then in console mode do a
- cd /xxxx/WORKAREA/temp
- zip -r my_zip_name *
- mv my_zip_name.zip /tmp
- mv my_zip_name.zip my_zip_name.spar
then ftp it to another server in /tmp and use the install_archive command.
monu1
Hi ,Thanks for your reply .I did it in the same way as you mentioned then also its extracting the file in wrong manner
[unzip] Expanding: /home/ecmstest/temp.spar into /iwmnt/iwadmin/main/spars/WORKAREA/Installed/temp
[exec] added /temp/
[exec] added /temp/temp/
[exec] added /temp/temp/meta-inf/
[exec] added /temp/temp/meta-inf/manifest.xml
[exec] added /temp/temp/workarea_root/
[exec] added /temp/temp/workarea_root/sites/
[exec] added /temp/temp/workarea_root/sites/www-sothebys-com/
[exec] added /temp/temp/workarea_root/sites/www-sothebys-com/default.site
[exec] added /temp/temp/workarea_root/sites/www-sothebys-com/default.sitemap
[exec] added /temp/temp/workarea_root/sites/www-sothebys-com/del/
[exec] added /temp/temp/workarea_root/sites/www-sothebys-com/del/impersonate.page
[exec] added /temp/temp/workarea_root/sites/www-sothebys-com/en/
[exec] added /temp/temp/workarea_root/sites/www-sothebys-com/en/American_Folk_Art_Museum.page
[exec] added /temp/temp/workarea_root/sites/www-sothebys-com/en/American_Museum_of_Natural_History.page
I think my install_archive.ipl is not doing the correct method.Please find my attached install_archive.ipl and suggest that should i need to change my install_archive.ipl file.Can you please map this with your install_archive.ipl file as we are using solaris.
hitc
it walways keep a trace of the spar in the Installed workarea...but it will also expand it where you asked.
so
./install_archive.ipl /tmp/contentNewUAT.spar /default/main/global_portal/WORKAREA/central/
will expand the content in the central WORKAREA but also in the Installed one,this is how TealmSite now that the spar has already be installed.