Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
FormAPI IE6
pdaly
Is FormAPI supported in IE 6?
Has anyone tried it?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Supported, no--although I know an upcoming SP will add IE6 support for TS in general, not sure if this includes FormAPI.
Work--yes, so far, for me, IE6, no IE SP, FormAPI works fine. But this by no means should be taken as a reason to use FormAPI on IE6 in a production environment.
bw
Bob Walden [bob.walden@interwoven.com]
Interwoven Education Group
IM: Yahoo, MSN bob_walden
Migrateduser
I would echo Bob's view on supported/working. To add however, I did run into one odd thing with IE6 and FormAPI. For some reason I needed a complete reboot of the TS server (an iwreset -a was not good enough) before any of my IE6 clients would recognize event triggers that would use the callServer method to call cgi's on the TS server. IE 5.5 clients picked up this change right away.
This only had to be done once after enabling formapi in the iw.cfg. Everything else seemed to work just find however (all of the other userscript examples that did not use callServer worked just fine without a reboot the first time).
not quite sure what caused it... maybe something odd in the way IE6 does some caching.
Object_Reference_6.5.pdf
pdaly
Ok, thanks for the advice. I will use with IE6 until/unless I run into problems...