Hi All,I have a business case where there are 8 server and on each server there are three different paths. All the 8 servers are OD receivers (not base). I have all together 24 different paths where I have to deploy the same file.Business wants the deploymnet to be transaction. It should either deploy to all 24 paths or if one fails everything should fail to avoid any kind of data inconsistency.I have gone through the docs but couldn't find the ways to make transaction in case where we need to deploy on different paths. The purpose to keep several copies to manage the heavy load on servers and for disaster recovery.OS: Solaris 10TS: 6.7.2OD: 6.002Thanks in advanceRajesh
Hi,Thanks for the detailed explaination!!!I am trying with the second approach as you suggested. I tried with simulation and it worked. When I removed simulation, my deployments started hangging up. I have attached my OD config file. I bounced all the 8 OD receivers killed all the perl processes which were hanging also killed the od command process which was waiting for Q.WAITING in queue of target path "/aaa/abc/M1m1/DDdirectory" for child [0] in receiver "server1.test.com"
pathRegistryChecking
however from the error message it sounds like you may need to enable server-side queuing ... which might not be available until you upgrade to 6.1.1 (or later - recommend at least 6.2.1) where the pathRegistryChecking option was added (6.2.1 added serialization in conjunction with that option)