Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Limitations of the <Select> item
System
Hi,
A quick one here... I have a DCT where I make an inline in order to import data from other DCR's... one of this imports is for a Select Item, which imports values+labels from other DCR, each imported line looks like this (+or-)
<option label="Onbeschikbaarheid van PC banking - Algemeen onderhoud met SD gelijk aan ED (SD SH EH)" value="8" />
Ok, now the problem is that It seems that if I have more than 25 lines, I get an error from the templating editor (as It cannot create a model for this DCT), now, below 26 options, the Template shows up fine...
Now, I haven't seen (or maybe I just missunderstood) any limitation on the number of options for a select.... is it possible that there's actually a limitation????
Thanks for your help!!!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I am not aware of any particular limitation on the number of lines returned from an inline, but there are limitations that the servlet templating engine has to abide by (since it uses a CGI interface any limitations of standard CGI are still present).
That being said 25 items seems a little low (I am pretty sure that we have had people use inline's that return more than 25 options with no problems).
Would you mind attaching your inline callout code so that we can take a look? Someone here might be able to see something that you are missing.
james1
I believe that there was some bug with inline callouts wherein if the callout returned more than 1024 bytes, then Templating fails to load the DCT.
You may want to contact Technical Support to see if your version of Templating has this bug, and, if so, if there is a patch or service pack for your version that fixes this bug.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
Migrateduser
Ok, sorry for the delay on answering, it's only today that I had a chance to get back to the customer and retrieve the code... attached there are 2 files, one is the perl script that is called and returns the list (plus some more DCT structure) and the second one is the inline command ....
I cannot see anything really strange (apart from the lame code... but that's another problem...).
Maybe you could see something that's escaping me??
Thx for the help!
P.S.: I'm sure that 25 selects are already more than 1024bytes...(4959 Bytes to be precise)
Migrateduser
Files go here.... and here goes the error from the servletd:
com.interwoven.clientutils100.TMessageException: Error building the requirements: null
at com.interwoven.templating100.utils.TRequirementsUtilities.BuildRequirements(TRequirementsUtilities.java:65)
at com.interwoven.templating100.utils.TRequirementsUtilities.CreateRequirementsForEditDCR(TRequirementsUtilities.java:93)
at com.interwoven.templating.DatacaptureServlet.doOpenDCR(DatacaptureServlet.java:1144)
at com.interwoven.templating.DatacaptureServlet.doGet(DatacaptureServlet.java:126)
at com.interwoven.templating.DatacaptureServlet.doPost(DatacaptureServlet.java:175)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)
at com.interwoven.framework.base.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkServlet.java:66)
at com.interwoven.framework.auth.AuthServlet.service(AuthServlet.java:105)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:405)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:287)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:797)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:213)
at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:423)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:501)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
Edited by kiro on 12/04/02 01:52 AM (server time).
Migrateduser
Sorry,
Just more info on the matter ... the 'limitation' happens on this version:
iwserver: 5.5.2 Build 10716 Interwoven 20020811
On the other hand, on the following version, the 40 messages show up just fine:
iwserver: 5.0.1 Build 3687 Interwoven 20010719
Code is the same, data is the same, only TS versions differ.
Can I conclude this is a problem with TS V5.5.2???
Migrateduser
Sorry, but it seems that the attachments did not make it. Can you try again?
Migrateduser
They are with the post that shows the servletd error....