Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
files deployment using OD in workflow
shahzamaj
TS672, OD6.0, WS2008
---------------------------------------------------------------------
when deployment is to be done using OD, in OD config files source and target values are hard coded. now workflow invokes this od file from external task. does it mean that user has to daploy files from one location only ? what if, user selects files from a different location. How will this file be deployed , as source and target still dont change.
Is there a way to make source and target in the definition of ODConfiguration file dynamic ?
there is a workflow, which is used to deploy files in runtime. this wf allows users from different workareas to deploy files in runtime. wa1, wa2, wa3 and folders underneath. od config file has definition. in this def, source contains file location which goes deep to the level of a lowest folder in workarea. If such a specific location is specified in source of a
definition, how can the files from a different workarea or different folder in same workarea be selected for deployment using this workflow ? Is there a way to make source and target ocqation in od config files dynamic ?
user edits file in workarea and clicks on submit, wf selection pops up. user selects wf to deploy selected file. How can this file be deployed, if its location is not specified in deploymentConfiguration file in source field of the definition ? As this part is hardcodedn and its not dynamic (thats what I understand from manuals.) Can it be made dynamic ? How ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ISCBorisB
Can it be made dynamic ? How ?
Yes it can. Read OD manuals, look for "-k" OD Configuration Parameters and their usage
ACheethayil
You can send a parameter to OD command based on the workarea selected(workarea1, workarea 2 etc) or you can hardcode STAGING path in OD config and do deployment from STAGING akll the time after submiitting.
nirali
oh sorry, wrong post
shahzamaj
Thanks, now I understand how to run a deployment from command line for different source and target using -k
iwodcmd start test -k src=/mysource -k trg=/mytarget
Still other question is not clear , how to run a deployment for different source and target using an external script. How will the values of source and target keys be provided automatically ?
How to pass the values of source and target from workflow to external task ? When I am providing values for the cmd element in external task C:/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl c:/..../myscript.ipl
The parameters jobid taskid file[0]...file are passed in by default or do I need to pass in manually ?
If I can choose which values to be passed, then there is no problem as I can pass in src and target both. But if its passed by default, then how do I pass source and target ?
Where to specify target in externaltask element to be passed in to the script ? I want different source and target to be provided in the workflow, for the users working in different workareas. which is passed to external script.
Thanks
RonaldV
I suggest reading the workflow manuals (BOTH the wft & wfm) to discover how file-pointers are passed from the ts-gui to the wf-system and on to the external/cgi task.
shahzamaj
I did not find this information and thats why I posied it here.
Can you olease let me know, where is this info provided ?
Thanks
RonaldV
Well,
let's start with "TeamSite Legacy Workflow Reference Guide":
- on the Job Specification DTD
- on TeamSite::WFtask perl module OR
- on com.interwoven.cssdk.workflow Interface CSTask java api (not in this guide)
- on External Task Example OR
- on CGI Task Example
My advise for you would be to start with a simple wft & external task and try to discover how file references are passed in wft. (or to get proper training) It is too complex to just explain here on the forum in a few words.
paul_iwov
For your question
"what if, user selects files from a different location. How will this file be deployed , as source and target still dont change.
Is there a way to make source and target in the definition of ODConfiguration file dynamic ?
"
I would also suggest you to have a look of the use of wft_opendeploy.cfg
You can set something like this
branchName=/default/main/branch1/sub_branch1/,deployName=branch1_Workflow
Hope this might help