I want to install Template::Toolkit and AppConfig (newest version) from CPAN into a custom folder on my TeamSite server. I have run this commands for Template::Toolkit and corresponding ones for AppConfig:
iwperl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/iw-home/teamsite/custom/lib
make
make test
make install
Everything was successful but something I didn't expect happened.
The modules were installed under /iw-home/teamsite/custom/lib/site/lib (listing bleow) but I was expecting them to be in /iw-home/teamsite/custom/lib
bash$ ls -l /iw-home/teamsite/custom/lib/site/lib/
total 72
drwxr-x--- 2 tssadmin wheel 4096 Jan 7 12:01 AppConfig
-r--r--r-- 1 tssadmin wheel 32517 Jul 6 2007 AppConfig.pm
drwxr-x--- 4 tssadmin wheel 4096 Jan 7 12:04 auto
drwxr-x--- 8 tssadmin wheel 4096 Jan 7 12:04 Template
-r--r--r-- 1 tssadmin wheel 24725 Jul 21 04:00 Template.pm
bash$ ls -l /iw-home/teamsite/custom/lib/
total 16
drwxr-x--- 2 tssadmin wheel 4096 Jan 7 12:04 bin
drwxr-x--- 2 tssadmin wheel 4096 Jan 7 12:01 lib
drwxr-x--- 4 tssadmin wheel 4096 Jan 7 12:04 man
drwxr-x--- 3 tssadmin wheel 4096 Jan 7 12:01 site
Is this behavior due to a special way IWOV has built iwperl? Should I be concerned? I think I should I have set PREFIX=/iw-home/teamsite/custom instead. I have looked for good documentation on using a custom PREFIX with make but I can not find one - any recommendations? I am just not sure if there is something special IWOV has done. I don't know if I should be looking at core make documentation, core perl/make documentation, or some customization of them.