Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
LSCS Query for full text searches
awgolk
I am very new to LSCS and was reading through the documentation and could not find an answer to my question. How is the query structured to LSCS to perform full text searches on a document? I see that you can perform this functionality on metadata, but not the full text of the content. Is this possible to do through the current functionality?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jbonifaci
As far as I know, you can only query against metadata.
If you want to query against the text in a document, you need to index that text as metadata.
If I am mistaken, I would love to find out.
~Jeff
rohit34582
What Text are you trying to search against?
Is it stuff like PDF, Word Docs or DCR's?
If it's some text-area fields in a DCR, then you can configure those fields in the field-mappings and publish them to LSCS and run searches against those specefic fields...
awgolk
It would be content inside of a PDF documents and HTML files. I believe the field mappings only work for DCRs, just not sure how to get the PDF and HTML content available to index.
rohit34582
What's your use-case?
Is it for website search?
If yes, then
you could get Autonomy IDOL and Autonomy HTTP Fetch and run IDOL queries in a custom component...
or,
use any other search engine to index your docs and build a custom component for search and retrieval...