Hi experts,Env:TS : 6.7.2 Latest pathLS:3.1Using external components----------------------------------------------------I have a requirement where i need to create a custom servlet . i am using this servlet in a component .when the user click on a link this will be called. I have created the external components before .But i have never used a servlet before.Can you please provide me the steps on how to create and use it using livesite runtime 1. do we create in the same folder as general simple java class like livesite_customer_src ?2. Do we create using livesite api?3. Do we have to do any configuration entries in web.xml or servlet-resource-config.xml? I have seen an example of using servlet if we want to make ui-customization provided by interwoven.... Is there any for Livesite runtime too??All replies are appreciated ...Thanks.
Hello there,I think you will get better answers by explaining the functional requirements instead of questions on the implementation (there migth be better ways of achieving what you need with LiveSite best practices), in your case i think you need something like:" i want to execute some Java code any time a user click on a link in a .page ".In term of mapping a new servlet AFAIK you have to map it in the web.xml file of the iw-runtime, the only issue i see is that LiveSite filters all of the requests (mapped on /*) in order to apply his logic (data->external->xslt->output), so you migth need to do some tricks if you really need to map a new servet on a url pattern.