Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Http Request in Inline callout
pwoolcoc
I have an ipl that I am using to query a web service, and then return xml with select boxes filled from the results of the query. I am using HTTP::Request and LWP::UserAgent in the normal fashion, and when I run the ipl with iwperl from the command line, it works fine. It doesn't work when making a form with that particular component in it, and I noticed that the HTTP Requests aren't even getting sent when I try to make a form with that component. Anyone know why this would be?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
RonaldV
Hi,
2.5 remarks:
1. you should add debug logging (via log4perl) in your code so you know where the error starts. And, if you don't, you should catch any exceptions (with eval & $
@)
and log them as well.
2. the environment in which a ipl runs is very different between the command-line and the inline-execution. Write to contents of
@ENV
to your logs and analise them.
2.5. it could be that the command line uses a different perl-install (and lib) then your inline-execution but that will follow from 1) and 2)
pwoolcoc
Thanks for the tips, where exactly are the logs for the components? I looked through the logs in
\local\logs and didn't see anything related to the components...
RonaldV
" you should add debug logging (via log4perl) in your code"