Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Problem related to path of images
tan_d
Hi,
I have developed a portal in java using JSP & HTML and generating the pages using TeamSite.
The portal is deployed on the JBoss server which runs on my local machine. The TeamSite server is hosted on another machine(server).
The problem arises when I have to include an image to show on the page. Since the image is on the server(different machine), when I run my portal on my local machine it is not able to find the image.
Is there any way to resolve this problem without using OpenDeploy. I tried to create the same path(templatedata\HomePageContent\image) into the deploy folder of JBoss, but its not working.
TS 6.7.2 SP1
OS Windows server 2003
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ISCBorisB
Is there any way to resolve this problem without using OpenDeploy
That depends. Forget Teamsite, OD and all that for a moment. Consider your portal architecture.
How does it get images? What's the "correct" location for the Image Files? Are you always connected to the "Server" that
contains image repository? Can you "map" it? When you can answer that to yourself the answer to "Should I deploy?"
question will be trivial.
Sure enough, rendition Server (JBoss, whatever) on the
Client
should also raise one's eyebrows. Perhaps you have
your reasons. Still, may be all you need is to reconfigure Portal Web/Application Servers where they belong and use
just a browser on the Client?
Migrateduser
If you're using IIS you could use a virtual directory and map to the other server that contains the images. Thats what I am doing on my local desktop system. I am running JBoss and using IIS and my images are located on my pre-prod server. None of the images are actually on my desktop computer. Saves me space on my desktop and the images are always up to date and I don't have to pay for an OpenDeploy client license.