Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Hooking into alias URL processing
Bowker
LiveSite's processing of URL aliases, IMHO, is missing one thing - pass predefined parameters into pages automatically.
For example:
if I go to /site/dan
I want the system to build the page: /prospect.page?cmp=xyzzy
What I would like to do is append the "query parameters" defined on the node in the site map to the page being built. So in the above example I would create a node with a site pub page of /prospect.page, have query param of cmp=xyzzy and an alias of /site/dan
Any ideas?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
tec_iwov
url alias should already provide this as you can define parameters on the node.
If not this sounds like a bug please contact support
Bowker
Do you KNOW FOR SURE that this is the way it's supposed to work or just assuming.
From what I can tell the parameters defined on a node in the sitemap are used only to append to the end of the URL in the sitemap or breadcrumb links.
I agree that this is not the desired functionality, but I've been disappointed too many times with SitePublisher's and LiveSite's supposed functionality only to find "sure - it can do it, if you code it."