Use CGI task to capture user input.
To be clear: I should have one CGI that captures the user data and posts to another CGI?
I want to let a workflow user provide a compliance number after an IPM workflow has been instantiated and then use that number in an external task....
If you want use the user input data from a CGI, you can do so it on the submitYou mentioned that you want to use the user input data in an external task. Please provide more details as both of your statements are in conflict or, we are not able to understand your problem.
I want to prompt the user for a compliance number after a job was instantiated. My original quest was for possible ways to do this. Crsb suggested a CGI. I then asked that if I did have a CGI to prompt the user for data would I need another CGI to process the users input?
I could store the user input into a global configuration variable which a external task could use later in the workflow. I could also just have my second CGI perform the work the external task would have but I would rather just use the CGI to update a variable and not do a lot of processing.
No, you can capture and process the data in single CGI task. your CGI task can also act as an external task before it transitions and becomes inactive.your statment is little confusing, but here is the summary:You capture user input in CGI Task and save the input into workflow variables in a single CGI Task. then you can either do more processing or transition to next task (whatever you works for you).
I want to let a workflow user provide a compliance number after an IPM workflow has been instantiated and then use that number in an external task.I believe I should create a global config variable in WFM and set it to the correct value using the external task.My question is there a way to prompt a task's owner user for this type of input after a job has been instantiated?
How can I request user input and process that input in one CGI?If I use a CGI to prompt the user for compliance number with a CGI task as then I think I have to have a second CGI page to take the compliance number and update a workflow variable or process it in some way. I assume my first CGI would be a form with one field on it which would POST to a second CGI that would take the compliance number and update a global variable in workflow.I agree that there would be one CGI task in workflow but unless I am missing something I will need to CGI pages to "complete" the CGI task.