Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Open Deploy Question
Anneb
First let me apologize in advance for any terminology I may get wrong....
Let's say I've got a complete install of Interwoven/TeamSite at one company (A). And another complete install of Interwoven/TeamSite at the firm (B) that does web development/maintenance for the first company. Can I use Open Deploy to mirror the content between the two companies?
I want to make sure that if B develops some new data capture and presentation templates, and creates some DCR's with those templates for A, that if B OpenDeploy's the files to B they still maintain all of the metadata that keeps DCR's associated with the appropriate template. Minor maintenance to these records will be done by A, and B wants to ensure that editing these files can occur the same way as if A built them on their own.
Also, in this scenario, Open Deploy would need to work thru 2 firewalls. Is this possible?
Thanks in advance for you input.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
There are a couple of ways you can do this: (If I understand your requirement properly)
1. Use OpenDeploy to deploy the DCRs/DCTs/PTs/etc. from WORKAREA or STAGING of server B to a WORKAREA on Server A (or the other way around). You will have to run DNR scripts (on both sides) to copy over the extended attributes.
The assumption here would be that A and B have identical templating structure.
2. Consider using IWOV's OpenSyndicate product. I have not worked with the latest version of OpenSyndicate, so can't comment on all the new features. The version 1.0 had its own implementation nuances.
One of the advantages of using OpenSyndicate (as opposed to OpenDeploy) is that it will populate the extended attributes for you.
Finally, yes OpenDeploy can work through 2 firewalls provided you open the required ports.
And looking from a broader perspective heres something for IWOV Prod Mgmt to consider. A lot of customers who are using TS as an
enterprise
solution want to maintain a separate environment for "dev" and "prod" -- of TeamSite. In this situation all the configuration changes (i.e., changes to scripts, wfts, templates, etc. ) are done first on dev environment, tested, and then moved over to prod instance of TS.
I think IWOV has bits and pieces to accomplish this, however theres no simple packaged solution. Is there ?
Hope that helps.