Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
WFM: Controlling appearance/order of success/failure buttons for Review Tasks
System
This may be a really stupid question, but I have looked at the WFM doc and the WF Developer's Guide and can't find any reference to this oddball scenario.
TS 6.7.2 Solaris
I have a WFM workflow with 2 Review Tasks. Both Review Tasks have success links named "Accept Changes" and failure links named "Reject Changes". However, when you get to the first Review Task while executing the workflow in TS, the Accept Changes button is on the left in the Task Details pane. For the second Review Task, the Accept Changes button is on the right. This is confusing and inconsistent, and I'd like to have both Accept Changes buttons on the left (Reject Changes button on the right). But I cannot figure out how this is configured in WFM so that you can control this. In WFT it would be simple as changing the order of seccessors, but in WFM, WTF do I do to change the order of the buttons?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Crsb
I remember having this issue last year, but i can recall how i fixed.
It is either sorted by FlowID or by label.
If it is sorted by FlowID, just delete both links and create one of them first and see where it shows up. i also can't remember if the first position is in the left or right handside, but you get the idea.
Migrateduser
Thanks for the tip. Apparently it is related to the FlowID. I deleted the links then recreated them in the order of Success first, then Failure, so their FlowID were in that sequence as well. The buttons then switched places. WHat a piece of garbage implementation. There should be a sequence property for links when they equate to buttons.
Thanks for the help! Closing this thread.
Migrateduser
One more thing that one of my esteemed colleagues mentioned. You can also modify the .ipm file directly and just change the order of the flow elements and that appears to change the order of the buttons as well. In other words, the first flow that appears will show up as the left button.
nipper
....one of my esteemed colleagues ....
Sucking up to them still I see.
Think it will work ?
Migrateduser
Does it ever? Never hurts to try...