I would like to deploy only specific file like sitemap.i am using pattern for deploying only that file present in a folder ,but the problem here is it is creating other empty folder structures aswell.I dont want any other folders to be created,i want only the sitemap folder structure to create.please help me in creating correct regex pattern for this.
This is a "known issue" #36169 (look in the release notes for OpenDeploy) - it appears to be present as such in all the 6.x releases and there's no mention of it (fixed or still known) in the 7.1 release notes that I can see.You should probably contact Support to see if they know of it being fixed in any particular release or if they know of a work-around (other than running a DNR script on the target side to remove the empty directories)
If this is the issue that I think it is, this has been around for a *very* long time. I remeber hitting it in 2004 (or so) TS 5.5 & whatever the OD rev was at that time.
<remoteDiff area="Y:/default/main/www/STAGING"> <pathSpecification > <path name="." /> <filters> <includePath subPath="folder1/folder2/sitemap"/> </filters> </pathSpecification> </remoteDiff>
<remoteDiff area="Y:/default/main/www/STAGING"> <pathSpecification > <path name="." /> <filters> <includePath subPath="folder1/folder2/sitemap"/> </filters> </pathSpecification> </remoteDiff>You may try the filter includePath instead of includePattern.
OD creates empty directories regardless of the exact filtering mechanism