Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
In Context Editing DCR fetched via external?
System
LS 7.1
I have a component used on a .page file that takes a parameter named dcr. This parameter is used by the external to fetch the dcr. This way there is only one location page that will display all the locations. I need to have the fields of the returned dcr in context editable. The problem is the only datum in the field for the dcr.
[HTML]
templatedata/www/location/data/Bellmead
org.sw.livesite.external.location.Location
getLocation
[/HTML]
The Context XML from previewing is:
[HTML]
templatedata/www/location/data/Bellmead
Bellmead Clinic
Bellmead is a full-service ...
[/HTML]
If I understand it correctly the only thing that would be in context editable would be the >Datum name="dcr"< which is not displayed anyway. Do I have any options?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Binettoid
If I understand you correctly, then you are mistaken. The DCR property would be editable via the "Set Default Content" dialog, but this not ICE. This is literally setting "Default" values, to be overridden if you want to do anything more dynamic.
The trick with ICE is to define the fields you want to be updateable in your Appearance section of the component - it can be done in both HTML direct skins or XSLT skins.
[HTML]
[/HTML]
This stuff will reference the datacapture.cfg for the relvant datatype, so it knows how to handle the defined ICE fields. This will need to be working properly and all relevant resources will need to be PLC'd. You will then be able to click on the relvant fields in LiveSite to update them.
I hope this helps.
Migrateduser
I am not being clear, sorry. I understand the difference between setting default content and ICE. All examples show the DCR Datum to be in the data element of the Content XML. In the example I provided it is in the Parameters element of the External.
So thinking out loud if it were to work with the example I provided I would alter your example as:
[HTML]
[/HTML]
I am going to kick this around a bit to see if it works, if any one sees and issue with it pleas fill me in.
As always thanks.
miroperez
If the vpath of the dcr is available in the output of the external then you should be able to modify your xsl like you illustrated where the in-context-edit="{/Properties/Data/External/Parameters/Datum[
@Name=
'dcr']/ID@}" contains the vpath of the dcr and the in-context-edit should be invoked correctly.
I can't think of any reason this approach shouldn't work for you.
Miro
Migrateduser
I changed the in-context-edit path to the dcr Datum and I get:
No content properties are available for this component.
If the vpath of the dcr is available in the output of the external then you should be able to modify
Pretending I am dense (okay I probably am), will you explain a little further? The example I gave did not work but I don't know that the vpath to the dcr was in the external output. I sure can put it there though I just need to know exactly what I need. A element or an vpath attribute on the elemnet? Attached is the output of the external as is but this is easy enough to fix it's just java after all. Is the path attribute on the document element from a lscs quer the vpath? The LSCS Technical Ref calls it the Area-relative path of the file in TeamSite.
Migrateduser
Been reading through the other posts now that I can better understand what they are saying. I am beginning to suspect this can not be done. I am also a little concerned that it will only edit the default dcr not the one the author browsed to on the visualized site.
Simplified datacapture.cfg
[HTML]
[/HTML]
The dcr-items-path
[HTML]dcr-items-path="/root/General Info/genInfo/meta_locationName"[/HTML]
Binettoid
Hi Cyber, I found this only worked correctly when I had created DCRs using a pefect datacapture.cfg (and then published them through the PLC, I think).
I now have a complex ICE component on two pages, using different DCRs on each page and both are completely ICE-capable.
I was getting the error you describe - no content properties available for this component - on clicking my ICE fields, when I had just created some "perfectly formed" DCRs by hand. I did it all again through the datacapture form and viola it all works.
If you have a component that is ICE enabled, like my example, and it can display a DCR, and you stick it on a page and go into edit mode, and you click on a blue-highlit field and get this error, then check your DCRs are created through datacapture.cfg and published.
If you have done all this and still no joy, it could be something as stupid as spaces in your names - they are generally not supported.
HTH