Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Migrating TO LiveSite
Bowker
We are currently planning a migration from our current process for presenting web pages (Apache -> J2EE environment) to LiveSite (Apache -> LiveSite).
However we want to convert specific pages from old to new a little at a time. We have some business reasons to get a handful of pages up in LS as soon as possible and others will wait.
One gotcha - I can make changes to the Apache config once per month and it's a complicated process.
Here's my issue. Lets say the page /aaa/bbb/ccc/ddd is being converted, but /aaa/bbb/ccc/eee is NOT. I don't want to list all the converted (or vice versa) pages in the Apache config due to the complications of changing the config file.
What I would really like is to have LiveSite slurp the page from J2EE world when it doesn't have a local definition.
One thing I can do is tell Apache if /J2EE/.* comes through, pull the /J2EE off and send it the J2EE world. But I don't want to send a 302 redirect to the browser.
Any ideas?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Crsb
LS 7.x or 3.x?
are you seriously on TS 6.5 and thinking about LS without an upgrade?
are you going to be using .page, .jsp, .html...?
If you are going to migrate without changing anything in the end user URL then I don't think there is any other way other than listing all LS pages in your front end web server config, because the requests for those pages are still using the same URL and no way to recognize them.
Bowker
Well we have a number of ways that will work outside of defining everything in Apache. Including creating a pre or post controller in LiveSite to slurp the correct page and return it natively.
I'm kinda hoping someone has already created such a component and can either share it or give me some hints/suggestions on getting it done. Using raw sockets this would be trivial, but I'm not sure about how to incorporate such a component into LiveSite.
herald10
Please let us know what you ended up doing. Thanks.