Hi All, I want to create a trigger on the "New Form Entry" of the DCR.When any user in the in the Teamsite creates any new DCR, then an email should be sent to the Admin user. I have gone through the CLT manual and also the different iwat CLT, but I want to create the custom triggers.Can anyone, please point me in the right direction for how to create the custom triggers ?Environment Details :TS: 6.7.2- sp2.OS: Window 2003
To the best of my knowledge "New Form Entry" does not trigger any Server side Events,the processing is pure Browser (ie, Client thread). Thus, you can not use "iwat" todo custom processing.The way I see it, you have couple options. One would be to use "iwat" to intercept "CreateFSE"Event. That will work when your new Form is actually saved, not right after "New Form Entry". A caveat here is to filter out "false positives". Your code should be able to recognize and ignore tons of unrelated "CreateFSE" Events.Another option is to remove OTB "New Form Entry" menu and replace it with your own custom one.There you can transparently do what you need (send mails, whatever) and then use for example CC "newform" Command to open up a Form for the user. "iwat" need not apply in this scenario.
Thanks for reply......First option would be good......Can you please give some more information on the how to trigger the "CreateFSE" event or document or link so that I can learn from there?Thanks...
There are quite a few threads on the Forum discussing Events processing, look for example at [thread=28152]this[/thread] one.Search using "iwat" and you'll get plenty more. That said, check Ghoti's proposal above. That looks like theeasiest way to send notification Mail.