Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Unable to create a DCR from a simple dataconfig.cf
System
I created a simple dataconfig.cfg file (DCT) . It has only one label and one text box. And when i select "New Data Record", it doesn't pull up the text box which I have specified in the dataconfig.cfg file. It pulls some other dataconfig.cfg which has more controls and after few seconds the team site server closes.
I am attaching an word doc in RTF format which has a snap shot of my datacategories and data types. Can someone take a look at this and suggest me something.
thank you
nath
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
akshathp
Which TeamSite version/platform are you working on? Shouldn't this be data
capture
.cfg?
Hope this helps!
Akshat Pramod Sharma
Interwoven Inc.
Adam Stoller
As pointed out the name of the file is
data
capture
.cfg
not
data
config
.cfg
.
You also need to make changes to the
templating.cfg
.
It sounds like you should spend a bit more time reading the manuals and consider going through Interwoven's
training classes
for TeamSite Templating (note, there are some discounts available this month - check out the link for more details)
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Migrateduser
Sorry guys. That was typo. The file name is "datacapture.cfg".
And Yes I attended the teamsite templating training programme. In the training room envirnoment is so well setup and if you follow those instructions in the material, everything went well. I am following same material in my office and it doesn't work.
I am sure I am doing some mistake when I select the option, "New Data record". I have attached a word document. kindly take a look at it and pls suggest me if I am doing any simple mistake.
thank you
nath
akshathp
Have you added the template info in your *templating.cfg*? Can you please post the code for your templating.cfg? Maybe you haven't made the entry in that cfg file and it is not picking your template.
Templating.cfg is the config file for all the templates in your site. This file ahs to be updated for any new template you create.
Hope this helps!
Akshat Pramod Sharma
Interwoven Inc.
Migrateduser
THANK you Mr.sharma.
Let me see if I can access to the "template.cfg" file.
nath
akshathp
It would be templat
ing
.cfg and it should be in "iw-home/local/config/" path on your TeamSite server.
Hope this helps!
Akshat Pramod Sharma
Interwoven Inc.
Migrateduser
I don't have teamsite server installed locally on my machine and I can't get access to the server machine which has "iw-home/local/config/templating.cfg file. If I create on my local machine the same directory and copy the templating.cfg file and make modifications to reflect the new DCT which I created, does it work ?
thanks for your patience sir.
nath
Migrateduser
If you do not have TeamSite and Templating installed on your local machine, this will not work.
Brinko Kobrin
Interwoven Staff Engineer
akshathp
You asked "
If I create on my local machine the same directory and copy the templating.cfg file and make modifications to reflect the new DCT which I created, does it work ?
"
Answer: No. This won't work and is not logical either.
TeamSite engine runs on the server and picks the config files on that server itself. It has nothing to do with your local machine.
Using internet browser you get the UI from that server. So, this TeamSite server is actually serving TeamSite UI as a website.
You are using your local machine only to connect to TeamSite GUI using your internet browser. And the other purpose of your local machine is to allow you to use the resources and various applications and text editors that you might need for updating your site. Your local machine also hold a temp copy of the file that you edit using TeamSite.
So, the TeamSite engine that you are using is on the TeamSite server and all configs are obviously on the server too.
In short, you would need your TeamSite administrator to update the templating.cfg file on server for all templates to take effect.
Yeah, if you have a TeamSite and TeamSite templating installation done on your local machine then you can use it as a test server but still for changes to take effect for your site, you would need to modify config (tempalting.cfg) on the main TeamSite server.
Hope I am able to explain my point!
Akshat Pramod Sharma
Interwoven Inc.
Migrateduser
You made you point very clear. Thank you so much for your help. I will update templating.cfg file (still have notes from teamsite training at interwoven) and ask my admin to copy the file for me.
Regards
nath