Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How does one preserve hard returns in PT output?
smigster
I have a requirement to generate an XML file as part of an integration with Siebel CRM. It's a straightforward process to create the file but, somewhere along the way, the "hard returns" in textareas for paragraphs and extra blank lines are lost during the iwpt_compile. The result in Siebel is one long paragraph of text instead of a number of smaller paragraphs as seen in the DCT.
Is there any way to preserve the hard returns without having to resort to special markers and post-processing the file?
THANKS!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
akshathp
One way:
Have the <iw _perl> tag get some perl coding for you. Fetch the DCR filed in a perl variable and use regex to convery all "\n" to <br> html tag.
Hope this helps!
Akshat Pramod Sharma
Interwoven Inc.
smigster
Thanks for the quick response. However, I am NOT generating HTML but XML so a <br> to separate paragraphs would not help.
By the way, when I manually iwpt_compile my DCR my output includes the hard returns in the output XML.... and then some because I get two newlines for each hard return.
Based on that I would have to surmise that iwpt_compile is not eating my returns so they've go to be filtered out further along the data interface with Siebel.
Migrateduser
Are you using a textarea instance in a DCT to enter the data? If so, make sure the textarea's wrap attribute is set to "physical" to preserve eol chars.
bw
Bob Walden [bob.walden@interwoven.com]
Interwoven Education Group
IM: Yahoo, MSN bob_walden
smigster
Thanks for the suggestion. This might come in handy in the future. The DCRs I have now are all generated via a bulkload program so I did not have a problem with "virtual" eol chars.