Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Remove specific document version from folder removes all versions
enrique
I have 3 versions of the same document in a folder. I have display AllVersions enabled for the session. If I select only one version from the Outlook display list and use Remove from Folder context action (right mouse click), all versions are removed. I have the same effect if I remove the specific document version from the IManContents object. Why is this? I would assume if I want to operate on all versions, remove would only remove the specific document. Since this effect is reproducible using the Outlook plugin interface, I will bypass the code for the moment although it simply uses IManContents.RemoveByIndex.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Hello Enrique,
I think I have an answer for your first question, because doing a remove from folder is not exactly the same as deleting a document.
When you delete from folder you are breaking the link between the container and the doucment, i.e.: if document1 is stored in folderA there is registry in the DB keeping this information, it says that the document is on that folder.
If you remove from folder you are saying that the document is not under that folder. Initially if you remove from folder you say that the document is under no folder, is like an orphan document. It is stored out of a container, directly under the database.
As a document and all its versions must be on the same folder location (you can't store version1 in folderA and version2 in foderB) once you decide moving one version or removing form folder...it will apply to the whole document (also versions).
Hope ir helps
Javi