Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
WFM Dev to Production
ProfessorX
We usually use old school WF's using avail_templates.cfg. Now we have a project on another set of TS servers (Dev and prod) that the consultants are using WFM. I know the information gets stored here iwadmin/main/workflowModels using WFM.
So here is the question.
How can I move WF's from our TS Dev to TS Production?
Dev CMS development is completed and production is a band new setup. Can I just copy the workflowModels branch? Do we just use WFM and upload the configs to TS Prod? What do I have to watch out for? Where might there be env specific variable I may need to change or be aware of?
Dev is TS 6.7.2 SP1 and so is production
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Unless you have environment specific variables or config for your workflows, just copy/import the Models and Config directories from your Dev to Prod server, then submit everything to Staging. That should do it. If you have custom code for your externaltasks, you'll want to migrate your code as well and perform a make_toolkit on your prod box.
Crsb
you can also open WFM client with connection to your prod env, then open the intended workflow in wfm and use "publish to server" from file menu. this will upload the workflow (.ipm and config) to the production server and publish to staging. you will need to activate the workflow and make it available by adding it to availabile_models (admin ui -> manage workflows).
don't forget about the custom instantiation form if you have one, and any custom code in the backend.