Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
how to use an External to receive some parameters from a Controller
MonkeyKing
I used an controller to pass a parameter called "ErrorMessage" with value of "your email is existing", but when I use another external to retrieve this parameter, it doesn't exist in the page I navigate to ("forwardUrl" is URL variable).
there is no problem for page navigation, I can get into the page which the URL points to. But the component in that page can't get the parameter (with the key of "ErrorMessage").
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
AlexC
getParameters().append?
Use put(name,value)... it's a Map.
MonkeyKing
no, even I used 'put', it still doesn't work, the target page (or component) only has 2 parameters (RequestHeaders and iw-ls-page-name), it doesn't matter how many parameters I added.
AlexC, can you please send me an example, it might be the reason that there is no such document for this feature and I have some misunderstanding.
Cheers
AlexC
You cannot add to the parameters, you can add to the page scope map (I thought you were doing that). The parameters are isolated to allow independent component execution.
Page scope was added for TS672 and later.
context.getPageScopeData().put("foo", "something");
This can then be extracted out using the $PAGE_SCOPE[foo] page token.
You can also add to the session using a controller.