I am using a DCR component in which the datum is mapped to a DCR, but this DCR has reference to another DCR in one of its fields.
How to read the contents of child DCR in XSLT @ Appearance XSL?
I tried the document('http://localhost/iw-cc/meta.../default/main/branch/WORKAREA/work/templatedata/cat1/dat2/dcr.xml') but it does not return the content of child DCR.
ENV : TS 6.7.2, LS 3.1
I am using a DCR component in which the datum is mapped to a DCR, but this DCR has reference to another DCR in one of its fields. How to read the contents of child DCR in XSLT @ Appearance XSL? I tried the document('http://localhost/iw-cc/meta.../default/main/branch/WORKAREA/work/templatedata/cat1/dat2/dcr.xml') but it does not return the content of child DCR. ENV : TS 6.7.2, LS 3.1
Try this: [PHP][/PHP] The key where I think you went wrong is that /iw-cc/ attempts to wrap the output with the visual preview toolbar. The no-injection path ensures that you get to the file directly.
I tried your suggestion of using ".../iw/cci/meta/no-injection/iw-mount/default/main/...", even then i don't get the dcr contentWe are not planning to use LS runtime And no plans of using external component either.
[font=Courier New][xsl:variable name="dcrpath"] Y:/default/main/.../STAGING/templatedata/.../data/mydcr.xml [/xsl:variable][xsl:value-of select="document($dcrpath)/rootcontainer/field1" /][/font]
I used to do this in my PTs.Not sure whether this will work with component xsl. Anyways have a try. [font=Courier New][xsl:variable name="dcrpath"] Y:/default/main/.../STAGING/templatedata/.../data/mydcr.xml [/xsl:variable][xsl:value-of select="document($dcrpath)/rootcontainer/field1" /][/font] replace ' [ ' , ' ] ' with ' < ' and ' > ' respectively.But as VPatel said, this will cause problem in runtime or target servers.
For this to work I have to preview the component from Teamsite server itself , but I will be preview from one desktop/cllient browser & not on the actual server, in that case the desktop will not have Y: drive the dcr will not be there, so xml content cannot be fetched.
That's what happened when tried it before.
For this to work I have to preview the component from Teamsite server itself , but I will be preview from one desktop/cllient browser & not on the actual server, in that case the desktop will not have Y: drive the dcr will not be there, so xml content cannot be fetched. That's what happened when tried it before.
Instead of using Y:/default - you could try using //IWSERVER/default - though I'm not sure that the overall idea is all that sound....
Depending on direct access to the file system is not a good idea. If we decide to change the way files are accessed or stored your code will break. You should write an external to do this in a generic way.What are the objections to using an External? Seems like in the time you've invested in trying to work around you'd already be done if you used an external.
Problem is that we are not given the access to create and deploy java codes to that server, the client creates DCRs and deploy them to DB, contents are fetched by app server code to render the pages in portal.
We are trying to show the sitepublisher capabilities with the DCRs, in that course, we came across this block, where we needed help from experts on the Devnet forum.