Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Issue with special characters
dolly1
Hi All,
I am facing one weird issue while using the special characters in DCRs. I need to use ® , ™ symbols.
When I create the DCRs manually through teamsite and put these symbols in the DCR, save the DCR and open it either as XML or DCR edit mode everything works well.
But If I generate the DCR in a text editor, use the same symbols as stated above and save the DCR it does not open up neither XML file nor in DCR edit mode. I get the following error
"An invalid character was found in text content. Error processing resource ..."
Even if 2 files are exactly same still the file which was created via teamsite opens up properly but not the one which was created using text editor.
I am not sure what is teamsite adding which is causing its file to work fine but not the others.
I have attached 2 files here one is im_im_from_teamsite.txt which is generated via teamsite and opens up properly and next is im_im.txt which is not generated via teamsite but is exactly the same still does not open up as proper XML.
Please rename .txt to .xml.
Can anyone help me in figuring this out?
Thanks
TS6.7.1 SP1
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ISCBorisB
Your problem seems to be in encoding. Please note that TS uses
UTF-8
for the DCR. Application maintains
encoding automatically, that includes Pasting into DCR Item, etc (There are certain issues with pasting from MS
Office but that's another story).
It *looks* like the Editor you are using saves in the different Unicode flavor, namely
UTF-16BE
. That seems to be
the Encoding of both samples you've provided. We do not know what Editor you are using but normally modern
ones are configurable in that respect. See if you can force Unicode "Save" settings to the "UTF-8 without BOM" Format