TS 672 | Windows 2000Scenario:In Branch A of store 'default' I wish to migrate old editions to Branch B on separate 'archive' store using iwmigrate. Migrated Editions will be removed from the 'default' store.Ideally, I'd like to migrate the editions starting with the oldest first i.e INITIAL. The INITIAL edition may be empty or based upon another branch and therefore have content.Question 1)Can the INITIAL edition be migrated safely and removed in Branch A or as I was led to believe in the old days (pre TS5.5) the INITIAL edition must always remain ?If the INITIAL edition can be removed then 2 more questions ...1a) If I run iwattrib on branch A what will firstedition and rootedition return ?1b) How can I migrate the INITIAL edition in branch A when the edition named INITIAL already exists by default in Branch B ?Appreciate in advance any thoughts on the above.
While you can delete the INITIAL edition, you probably shouldn't do so - it's generally an empty edition and is useful for providing a blank canvas - though I don't think there's anything bad that will actually happen in Branch A if you do.