Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Deploy to NFS (Network File Share)
gundu
Hi All,
I am trying to deploy files from TeamSite to NFS. I have configured TeamSite server to be both source and receiver, have also included the target path in odbase.xml using the UNC.
I was successfully able to simulate the deployment. The logs shows that the deployment was completed and the number of files deployed. However, when I try to do the actual deployment, the deployment is taking forever. It says "Setup Done Transferring" but never completes nor fails. Not sure if I am doing it right or if I am missing something here.
I believe someone would have tried deploying to a network file share. Any insights on this would be really helpful. Appreciate your help on the same.
Environment
TeamSite 6.5 SP1 on Windows 2003
OpenDeploy 6.0.2
*****************************************
odbase.xml
-----------
<allowedDirectories>
<path name="\\FileServer1\ShareFolder\CMS"/>
<path name="\MY\ALLOWED\DIR\PATH-1"/>
<path name="f:\temp"/>
</allowedDirectories>
NFS_Deploy.xml
---------------
<target useReplicationFarm="DEV">
<targetFilesystem area="\\FileServer1\ShareFolder\CMS" />
<transferRules doDeletes="no" />
</target>
*****************************************
Thank You,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ISCBorisB
Windows UNC Path Syntax is definitely supported. So...
Get to the OD Receiver Server. Run Windows Explorer
from there
.
Type this "\\FileServer1\ShareFolder\CMS" reference of yours into Explorer's Address Bar and hit "Enter".
What happens? Does System require Authentication?
nipper
Also, by default NFS mount (unix to unix) are non-root enabled. So basically if you run the deployment as root/admin, that transfers files as nobody (requiring permissions to be wide open). I have done this before and had to run OD as a domain user and not Admin/root.
gundu
Thanks for the response.
When I try to access the folder path from the explorer, it does not prompt for authentication. However, that folder is shared with only a specific set of NT users and only they have the permissions to modify/copy files into that folder.
I was thinking on the same lines of Nipper. But was confused as why OD successfully completed the deployment with the simulate flag on. Also, it did not throw any failure message when I started the deployment with simulate flag off. Looks like the OD is waiting for some kind of authentication indefinitely.
Also, OD is currently running as a local "SYSTEM" user account (Administrator), I was thinking that OD will check if the SYSTEM user has modify permissions on the target and then deploys the files. I tried granting modify permission to the SYSTEM user on the NFS, still it doesn't seem to work.
Thanks,
gundu
If I have to run OD as a domain user, is there any specific permissions that needs to be provided apart from that user being a part of the Administrator group?
nipper
Only permission to create files and folders on the share. However there are restrictions on what you can do with your deployment. On most flavors of Unix a user is not able to set the owner of a file to someone else.
gundu
Thanks Nipper !!!
It's all windows systems. So, I presume there would be no issues with setting the owner.
gundu
Hi,
Was able to get this working by setting up the OD service to run as a domain user.
Thanks a lot everyone !!!
Regards,