Hello All,
I've been reading through a number of posts here in the forums on this issue, but still haven't been able to achieve what I want, even though I think I'm following the suggestions mentioned.
We are using TeamSite 6.7.2 SP2 with Workflow Modeler 1.0.1.0 Build 69622.
SummaryThis is my current understanding:
- Configurable Global Variable's can be populated with values from the JIF (via custom_instantiation.cfg).
- They cannot be altered once the workflow has been initialised unless you have set up a Job Variable with the same Name as the Id of the Global Variable.
- You can update the values of the Job Variable's within the JAVA code using task.getWorkflow().setVariable();
My issue
- I have a Global Variable with an Id of "SiteMap_Needs_Updating" (It can have a value of "true|false").
- I have a Job Variable with a Name of "SiteMap_Needs_Updating" and a Value of "CONFIGURABLE(SiteMap_Needs_Updating)".
- I have a Script Variable as part of a URL Task that tests "if ("$IW_CV(SiteMap_Needs_Updating)" == "true") {}".
- When the job initialises, the value of the Global Variable is "false".
- During the course of the workflow, the value should be set to "true" via "task.getWorkflow().setVariable("SiteMap_Needs_Publishing", Boolean.toString(true));" (Note: I've substituted "true" in place of the Boolean variable name).
- The Job Variable value changes and I can access it via the job's XML (for sending an email, via a URL task) and it's "true", however, the Script Variable (used in the same task) can only access the original Global Variable value - which is "false".
Can anyone please explain what I'm doing incorrectly?