Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Uninstalling 7.0
nipper
OK I have a 7.0 temp install on a VM. It has been operational for a while, but being a temp I was going to uninstall it.
However when I run IWOVInstaller-Windows-7.0.0.exe it tells me:
Common Services was not found. The installer uses Services to compare
components that you are installing now, with components already installed on both
this computer and other computers which are configured to access Services.
The comparison identifies any component incompatibilities, dependencies, and existing custom configurations.
We strongly recommend that you locate Services on another computer or install it
on this computer. To use the Services instance in future installations, the Interwoven
Installer may prompt you to specify the host name and port number of this computer.
Services is optional if you are installing only runtime applications.
(even though Common Services are installed)
and if I choose uninstall:
This computer:
No Interwoven components were detected in this environment
for one of the following reasons:
Common Services is not yet installed, or
Common Services is installed but does not have any
information about other Interwoven installations in this
environment. Interwoven runtime software could be present
on another computer but not detected because it was never
registered with Common Services.
The 'Upgrade or reinstall' and 'Uninstall' choices are not
available because no Interwoven components were detected on
this computer.
So how can I clean this up ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
...
So how can I clean this up ?
wipe the disk and reload the OS from scratch ;-)
nipper
wipe the disk and reload the OS from scratch ;-)
You are such a help. Thanks.
Pretty hard to wipe the disk when it is a VM, but I get the point.
I think I will disable all the services and may look at reclaiming some of the disk space down the road. I want to use this VM as a runtime server (loaded SQL Server on it) so I plan to load LiveSite, Apache, etc so I am not certain how much uninstalling I will need to do.
sanu
there is a dirty way of uninstalling the components by removing the registry keys and installation folders. These task are to be done in an order as mentioned in the admin guide. please see if this helps
rohit34582
You might be facing this error because all the interwoven services are not running while performing the un-installation...
Try running the uninstaller after turning on all the services and making sure they are up and running...
Hope this helps...