Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
File Security permissions
Jeremy
Hi,
I am upgrading a system from NT 451 to Win2000 552.
I have imported one branch of my old 451 backing store using the iwconvert tool. However all the files and directories are coming up with "File Security, Writable" set to "No" when viewing the File Properties.
I have used iwidmap to change the local group that is set, but this problem persists.
Any ideas why "Writable" is set to "No" and any ideas how I can set it to "Yes"?
Thanks,
Jeremy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Is this in the temp_workarea or in a new workarea that you've created and done a Get Latest on?
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Jeremy
It is actually in both the temp_workarea and the new workarea I created.
Migrateduser
Jeremy,
Make sure you use iwidmap -u for your groups as well on windows. iwidmap -g will only change the group for sharing on branches/workareas. For the individual ACL's on files/directoried you will need to make sure that the groups in iwidmap -g are up to date.
Jeremy
Hey,
Yeah I ran iwidmap -g on the group (only one group) that was local to the 451 machine - ie. I created the group before the install of 552, then once I had migrated the data across I ran iwidmap -g against that group and the SID of the 451 group.
I shouldn't have to run iwidmap -u as all the users are domain users - ie not local to the 552 machine. Am I correct in my assumption there?
Thanks.
Migrateduser
Please re-read my earlier post. iwidmap -u will also contain groups not just users on windows.
Jeremy
I didn't realise it, and I am sure I did not see it written in any of the Teamsite manuals, but after running iwidmap I thought there was no difference in the operation of the system. I even tried an iwreset, but nothing. Then I tried doing a reboot and would you believe that all the permissions were sorted out!!!
I misread your previous post, but I have sorted that out too...by running iwidmap -u but specifying the group...
Thanks for the help.
Edited by Jeremy on 12/06/02 07:45 AM (server time).