Ok, I've seen this thread (http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums_vb/showthread.php?t=22528&forumid=16&highlight=calendar), which answers my question about whether or not this can be accomplished.Fish made the following comment: "you should also keep in mind that the calendar is only one part of the equation - you need to have the calendar sit within the context of CGI code that correctly processes form information from, and interacts with, the workflow system." I know the original poster was trying to reference the calendar from further in the workflow...but when it's being referenced from instantiation, does the .ipl need to be in a particular location? Right now, this is in iwhome\httpd\iw-bin\z-calendar.iplI'm trying to reference it in the custom_instantiation.cfg at "/iw-bin/iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi/z_calendar.ipl"
You really shouldn't need the iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi - as for the rest, it depends on how the code is written whether it will work as-is in a custom instantiation configuration file.* I've used a javascript package I got off the web for things like this without too many issues.
12 am 1 am 2 am 3 am 4 am 5 am 6 am 7 am 8 am 9 am 10 am 11 am 12 pm 1 pm 2 pm 3 pm 4 pm 5 pm 6 pm 7 pm 8 pm 9 pm 10 pm 11 pm :00 :05 :10 :15 :20 :25 :30 :35 :40 :45 :50 :55
SUBMIT CANCEL
You can achieve this by a simple JSP call.[html]my $cSubmitDateTimeButton="";$cSubmitDateTimeButton .= "<script language='javascript'> function mycal() { window.open('/iw-cc/custom_scripts/jsp/JavaCalendarCallout.jsp', 'mylilcal', 'width=220,height=365,resizable=yes,toolbar=no,scrollbars=no,titlebar=no'); return false; } </script>";'width=220,height=365,resizable=yes,toolbar=no,scrollbars=no,titlebar=no'); return false; } </script>";$cSubmitDateTimeButton .= "";$cSubmitDateTimeButton .= " ";$cSubmitDateTimeButton .= " ";$cSubmitDateTimeButton .= " ";$cSubmitDateTimeButton .= "";$cSubmitDateTimeButton .= "Set Date/Time";$cSubmitDateTimeButton .= " ";$cSubmitDateTimeButton .= " ";$cSubmitDateTimeButton .= " ";$cSubmitDateTimeButton .= " ";$cSubmitDateTimeButton .= " ";************** JSP code should be as follows *****************and should be placed under iwhome/httpd/webapps/content_center/custom_scripts/jsp folder *******************************************************TeamSite Date Selection<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"> dateDisplayValue="none";dateValue="none";function alertDate(){ dateDisplayValue = document.ccalendar.getMonth()+"/"+document.ccalendar.getDay()+"/"+document.ccalendar.getYear() ; dateValue = document.ccalendar.getMonth()+"/"+document.ccalendar.getDay()+"/"+document.ccalendar.getYear() ; document.datetime.datedisplay.value=dateDisplayValue; document.datetime.date.value=dateValue;}function setParent(){ if (dateValue != "none") { opener.document.iwwft_instantiator.uSubmitDateTime.value=document.datetime.date.value+" "+document.datetime.hour.value+":"+document.datetime.minute.value; self.close(); } else { alert("You must click on a date in the calendar before clicking the Submit button."); } }//--></SCRIPT> code=ccalendar.class name=ccalendar MAYSCRIPT archive="ccalendar.jar" width=200 height=200 id = "cal" > 12 am 1 am 2 am 3 am 4 am 5 am 6 am 7 am 8 am 9 am 10 am 11 am 12 pm 1 pm 2 pm 3 pm 4 pm 5 pm 6 pm 7 pm 8 pm 9 pm 10 pm 11 pm :00 :05 :10 :15 :20 :25 :30 :35 :40 :45 :50 :55 SUBMIT CANCEL[/html]
ACheethayil, are you putting the html in a custom_instantiation.cfg file? If I include an html form, the "Could not find the configuration file associated with the workflow" error displays when I try to start a new job.
Top part would go into your wft and second part is JSP which would be under your httpd/webapps/content_center folder
The following are things I've learned so far about the custom_instantiation - please correct anything that might not work the same for you:-Any external .js files that I try to reference are ignored and do not show up when viewing the source.-If I try to include html form or anchor tags, the "Could not find the configuration file associated with the workflow" error appears when I try to start a new job using the workflow.-If I try to include an <input of any kind, or a cgi-callout, these are ignored and don't show up in the source.Right now, I am using IWEventRegistry.addItemHandler("/Config/job_description", "onItemChange", openCal); to open an html and javascript file containing a calendar whenever a job description is entered. The file saves the date selected as a variable (mydate), but I'm having trouble passing the variable back to the parent window. I've tried opener.due_date = mydate; in the child file - this does nothing. How should I be calling the parent window?In case anyone asks: I previously tried calling the calendar cgi with:var params = new Object();params = IWDatacapture.getDCRPath();IWDatacapture.callServer("/iw-bin/iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi/z_calendar_ci.ipl", params, false);This resulted in the following error:TeamSite : WrapperError: CGI startup error: CONTENT_LENGTH=0
The custom instantion configuration file is, for most intents and purposes - a DCT. You should be able to reference JS files with a script tag placed in the correct location (according to the DCT DTD) though you will have to play around with the reference url and the location of the JS file.You cannot embed HTML tags directly within a DCT, so you cannot do so directly within a custom instantion configuration file. Also, I believe the element is 'callout' not 'cgi-callout' (check the datacapture6.0.dtd to be sure)CallServer is used for non-interactive CGIs - it's not intended to be used for windowing CGIs.