Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
removing extended attributes
System
How would one go about removing a specific extended attribute from a bunch of files? We have many DCR's with an extended attribute of hospitalLocation as an extended attribute. We have others with an extended attribute of hospitallocation. They are causing a problem with deployments since they are named the same with different case.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
for Unix you can run something like this:
find /default/main/branch/workarea/content/templatedata/some/template/data -type f -exec iwextattr -r THIS/ATTRIBUTE {} \;
For DOS you nee to use a script to run iwextattr -d
Migrateduser
Nice, is this another poorly documented thing or my ignorance? If it is ignorance, where can I find info about it so that I may be cured.
Thanks
nipper
It is a combination of the Unix find command and the CLT iwextattr
Both are documented but only the CLT is documented by Interwoven.
Migrateduser
The find man page will tell you far more than you ever wanted to know about find. However, it can be a bit daunting. If you google for something along the lines of "unix find examples", you'll find many, many useful summaries, including this one:
http://content.hccfl.edu/pollock/unix/findcmd.htm
If you're on Windows and want find, you can look for either the Cygwin version of it, or the native port of GNU find in the unixutils package.
nipper
If you like books, the best book out there is
Unix Power Tools
Migrateduser
I have my book marks for all that aix stuff when I need it, which is about 2 - 3 times a year. Thanks for the input. Is there anything on the CLT stuff, specificaly iwextattr? All, I can find are the same three examples throughout the OD, LS, and TS manuals.
Thanks again