how to skip the workflow instiation screen in particular branch or Folder.
With the WFT Model it's trivial, you make all user input optional or do not configure any.With the WFM Model it can not be done in any supported manner, Ghoti filed FR TS-8028 to develop this feature
function initializeForm(){ /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// // This is an unsupported way to auto submit the instantiation form. It is simply the same javascript function // for the onclick event of the Submit link. /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// parent.saveAndInstantiate();}//function initializeForm()IWEventRegistry.addFormHandler('onFormInit', initializeForm);
I got the solution. Thank you for all.
Nothing annoys me more than someone who takes, but doesn't give to the forum
I'd assume the solution was the one provided by jbonifaci - though it would be nice to have that confirmed by the thread initiator.
Its a very old post now. But, it will be helpful for the community if you can remember and care to post the solution.
I must be a moron. (shut it, Nipper) I cannot get the solution that's shown in this thread to work. The instantiation form is still coming up and staying up. Can someone (pretty please) post or PM me a full custom_Instantiation.cfg where this is working?If it matters, I'm on 7.2.1 on Linux
Dave,The solution above that I posted above is/was my entire custom_instantiation.cfg (minus comments). I haven't tested this on 7.2.1, but if that's all you have in your custom_instantiation.cfg and it isn't working, I can take a look.~Jeff
<data-capture-requirements dtd-system-identifier="http://localhost/iw-cc/datacapture6.0.dtd" dcr-validation="reject-invalid" xmlns="http://www.interwoven.com/schema/datacapturedtd"> <ruleset name="Config"> <script> <![CDATA[ function initializeForm() { parent.saveAndInstantiate(); } IWEventRegistry.addFormHandler('onFormInit', initializeForm); ]]> </script> <root-container location="Config" name="Config"> </root-container> </ruleset></data-capture-requirements>
Well the joy was shortlived. This does not work when you instantiate the model using the DCR tt_data wizard. It throws a javascript error in the JSP that is handling what would be the instantiation form in the wizard. I'm guessing since that isn't just a pop-up that can be "saved and posted", it's puking. I have no idea how to get around this. Do you?
Thanks Boris. I was figuring, rather than further hacking and getting myself further in the weeds, I would likely just clone the workflow and put a blank instantiation form in for the tt_data version of it, and leave the submit version of it as is with the hack. The user has to click something to get through the wizard anyway, so this shouldn't cause them undue pain. It's unfortunate but I blame Interwoven for not giving us a way to bypass the instantiation form in the first place. That they haven't added that in since WFM has been widely accepted and used is yet another "shame on them" moment.