Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Dynamic generation of content XML
ramliprasad
Hi
I am in the process of manipulating the generation of content xml. I am able to dynamically generate the code but I want to change the location of the node. I am looking at some pointers for manipulating the datums.
For eg:
I want to dynamically add a Category under the Datum of type DCR based on the branch. This would help me to browse to the appropriate folder for DCR's
The manipulated output which I am getting is as follows.
<br> XXXXXXXXXXXXXX<br>
Right/QuickLinks<br>
What I am looking to do is move the /Properties/Data/Results/Data/Datum Node to /Properties/Data/Datum.
So the output of the content xml should be as follows
<br> XXXXXXXXXXXXXX<br>
Right/QuickLinks<br>
I understand I can preconfigure the Datums under the content section which will automatically make it appear here, but I want to do it dynamically.
Any help on this would be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Prasad
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ramliprasad
Resubmitting the two xmls
First Output
<br> XXXXXXXXXXXXXX <br>
Right/QuickLinks <br>
Required output
<br> XXXXXXXXXXXXXX<br>
Right/QuickLinks<br>
rohit34582
How are you going to go about adding datums dynamically?
Component executes when placed on a page...
Alt Approach would be: HardCode all your category/types as datums and when the component is previewed in a branch appropriate DCR's can be selected...
ramliprasad
Thanks Rohit
I was looking to see if there was some way I could manipulate the XML. There was one option wherein you can use , But that works only for Select or MultiSelect options under .
I guess it would be good to improve the customisations for DCR Category as well as its not a good idea always for the users to make the selection of categories as it might be prone to errors in the choice of location.
Prasad