Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
NullPointerException
ramliprasad
Hi
I am trying to generate a datum of type DCR. I am using a generator element but I am getting a null pointer exception.
2010-02-10 05:55:22,533 ERROR org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/iw-cc].[action] - Servlet.service() for servlet action threw exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.interwoven.livesite.model.property.DCRProperty.getDCRCategory(DCRProperty.java:171)
at org.apache.jsp.livesite.Component.Properties.PropertiesForm_jsp._jspService(PropertiesForm_jsp.java:1386)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:98)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:331)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:329)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:265)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:691)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:469)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:403)
My component xml is in the attachement "output.txt".
When I do a preview from the component screen the servletd_out.log gives the following XML attached in the generatedXML.txt
Please please help. I know I am making a small mistake somewhere but would need pointers. I guess I am using the latest Livesite.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
AlexC
Generators only work with single and multi select lists.
ramliprasad
Hi Alex
Thanks for a quick response.
Is there any way I can have the datum dynamically generated.
I am looking to have the *category* dynamically generated so that user does not need to choose the category during page design time.
Thanks Again
AlexC
Use a single select or multi select type and attach a Generator to that. It will bring up a list box with options during component properties.