Thanks for the response...How can we know if there was an actual change made? and then create a edition...
you could have your custom script run after the new edition menu is called by using the iwatpub.ipl command
Thanks for the reposne...I have tried registering the event as below:iwat PublishStagingArea \Interwoven\Teamsite\scripts\custom.ipl -pAfter this I have listed using iwlsat.exeID: 30754 "PublishStagingArea" \Interwoven\Teamsitscripts\custom.iplBut when I GO AND CLICK "New Edition" link..the custom script is not triggered..Can someone suggest where am i going wrong? and is this the correct way to do?
I have tried registering the event as below:iwat PublishStagingArea \Interwoven\Teamsite\scripts\custom.ipl -p...Can someone suggest where am i going wrong? and is this the correct way to do?
\> iwat PublishStagingArea "D:\Interwoven\TeamSite\iw-perl\bin\iwperl.exe \Interwoven\TeamSite\scripts\custom.ipl -p"
\> iwperl -w -c \Interwoven\TeamSite\scripts\custom.ipl
Diwat PublishStagingArea \Interwoven\TeamSite\iw-perl\bin\iwperl.exe \Interwoven\TeamSite\scripts\custom.ipl -p
I tried to register by suppling an perl engine as below...
Hi,Is at possible to trigger any events or run the scripts before the event...That is If the user click "New Edition" and says ok..If there are no changes sincle the last publish...He should be displayed with a message "Publishon" Failed because there are no updates since last publish...otherwise...With a message Successfully published an edition...Thanks in Advance...