Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
access denied creating workflow
Bowker
This is a new 7.2.1 install on a new windows 2008 server machine.
Trying to run any workflow from the TeamSite GUI is resulting in an access denied. According to the manual iw-home/tmp and iw-home/tmp/cci needs to be writable by all TeamSite users. I have set "everyone:Full Control" on the tmp and tmp/*, "everyone:read" on the folders leading up to the tmp folder. I even modified httpd/iwft_instantiator.ipl to create a file in those folders and that succeeded.
The branch, workarea, folders and files are all writable.
If I login to TeamSite with an account that has administrator rights on the machine, it works fine. But my normal TS Master account throws the access denied error.
The error is being generated in this call (within iwft_instantiator.ipl) $wf_system->CreateWorkflow($spec,$wf_tmp,$nest)
However, I can create a workflow using the CSSDK.
This is happening with all users in all branches with all workareas. My test workflow is:
<workflow name = "Do Nothing" owner = "__TAG__('iw_user');" creator = "__TAG__('iw_user');" description = "Do Nothing">
<usertask lock = "f" name = "userTask" owner = "__TAG__('iw_user');" start = "t" readonly = "f" description = "Do Nothing">
<areavpath v = "/default/main/wpt/WORKAREA/development"/>
<successors>
<successorset description = "Complete the DoNothing job">
<succ v = "endTask"/>
</successorset>
</successors>
</usertask>
<endtask name="endTask" />
</workflow>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Rick Poulin
Does your workflow work any better when you use your non-administrator user in the interface (as in, not via the command line tool)?
What is the exact error message?
Bowker
Using a non operating system administrator account from the GUI results in the same error.
Invalid Workflow:
Access Denied
I receive this on a standard "submit" workflow run as a master on a branch/workarea/folder/file created by the same id.
It really looks like from the GUI it's writing to some folder that's not documented. The debugging steps I put into iwwft_instantiator.ipl confirms that the iw-home/tmp... folder I believe to be right is in fact the right one.
nipper
Do the users have the permission to log on locally ?
Bowker
No. A "Normal" user may not signon to the box.
Test5.rptdesign
nipper
Funny, I have never seen a normal user. :-)
Try giving one log on locally access and see if that makes it work.
Bowker
This was the strangest thing - the solution was that a normal user didn't have access to read e:\ (but everything below was ok) Setting read access for authenticated users to the root of our drive solved the issue.
TestImageXLSNew.zip