Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Problem when submitting a deleted file
System
I am using a workflow that after an author submits a file (usually a pdf), kicks off a cgi task to set metadata, goes through an approval process and after approval executes an external task that:
1. executes iwodstart do deploy the file to production web server
2. executes iwdd.ipl to deploy metadata to production database.
This works okay but I want to use a similar scenario after a file is deleted from the workarea. But the cgi task that sets metadata is a problem; it tries to set metadata on the deleted file and fails! Is there a way to differentiate between a normal file submission and a deleted file submission? If it were a DCR, I would do it with tt_data and tt_deletedcr workflow template type constraints I guess...
Note: It is also important that the same file submission / deletion scenario can be implemented using TeamSite FrontOffice.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Have you found a solution?
I'm looking for a similar solution.
TIA
Migrateduser
Actually no! I am using a trimmed down version of the original workflow (without the set metedata part) as a separate "file delete" workflow...
Migrateduser
Couldn't you simply run iwcmp and see if any of the files in your job have been deleted, and if so, skip the metadata processing?
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com