Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite 7.2 install "IR service not up"
padmanabh
Hi,
I am installing TeamSite 7.2 on a windows 2k3 machine.
I installed OD-Base and OD-admin software and configured it as suggested in the TeamSite web Solutions guide.
Created mysql dbs as needed
Then I started TeamSite 7.2 installer. Filled in all the required info.
The installer started installing selected components.
However it failed finally saying IR Service is not up.
I checked the services panel and found that jBoss Application server service is not up. I tried starting it however it automatically stops after one second.
Please let me know what I may be doing wrong here.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Crsb
Probably the port which jboss is trying to run on is busy. I can't verify right now but i think the port # is 9080, check if the port is used by some other process. if that is the case, change either jboss or the other process to use different port.
mart2001
Are you sure TS 7.2 supports mysql? I tried to use mysql for a TS 7.1 install and it always fail. When I try to use the Oracle Express DB, the install finally went through to the end. I would try to use an Oracle or SQL Server database.
padmanabh
Thank you for your replies!
Crsb, I checked and port 9080 is not in use by any other application on the machine.
mart2001, since mysql is an option in the DB list, I selected that. I don't know if it's not supported. If it's not supported, the install guide should not add instructions to use the mysql DB, right?
Anyway, I guess you may be right, so I will try and install Oracle Express DB and let you know how it goes.
Thanks
padmanabh
I installed Oracle XE.
Started Installing TeamSite7.2.
It ran OK for a while and the gave this error.
The install processing was unsuccessful.
com.interwoven.wcm.install.util.InstallException Could not find connector with port 9080 in server.xml -- this connector is required.
Reji Varghese
check
server.xml
@ \ApplicationContainer\server\all\deploy\jboss-web.deployer
and verify the port 9080 is configured in following line :
Connector port="9080" address="${jboss.bind.address}"
Report Designs.zip
Frederik
I was first wondering what "IR service" could be, but found in my 7.2 on Win2003 that it's likely an IWOV Registry service
Secondly, it seems to be a REST service running in the ApplicationContainer
3rd, the ApplicationContainer *default* port is 8080, and in our install we've kept that port. (this is like the 1st thing the installer asks, after approving the License Agreement)
So: what port did you set during the installer preparation phase? And importantly, is it free?
it'll help if you attach the installer.log.
Plus, try to go back to a clean machine state, like if you have a VM snapshot from before the bad install to go back to.
srosewall
IR Service - Interwoven Registry Service
What does it do? - It provides information about the software installed; modules, versions etc.
When you can't access it:
I got caught with the error mentioned at the start of this thread when I was trying to upgrade 7.1 to 7.2
For those who don't know, 7.2 now uses JBoss as the container for all TeamSite related web applications, Tomcat has been retired entirely. So JBoss now responds to ports which Tomcsat used to listen on, and the ports it used to use are now no longer active.
Previously (prior to 7.2), the IR Service listened on port 9080, but it now listens on 8080.
The 7.2 installer I was using reference the CommonServices Client configuration found in: \Interwoven\CommonServicesClient\config\IRConnection.properties)
I also found that I needed to change the request type used to query IR.
Previously, the configuration specified REST queries, I had to change this to SOAP.
The installer was then able to use the IR Service and retrieve installation information. Once this was achieved, I was able to perform an update to all the applicatons which support the new installer framework.
I suspect my situation arose because of my upgrade activities - my install was caught between 7.1 with Tomcat and 7.2 with JBoss, and perhaps a smoother upgrade might not have tripped over this particular issue.
Hope that helps.
BIRT Localisation.zip