Here's the situation:
I have two workflows:
1) an assign to build, which moves files from a development area into a build/integration area,
2) a deploy from build which starts the deployment and approval process through QA and production
The 2nd (deploy from build) workflow works great. The 1st workflow does its first few steps, then sends an email to an approver, who is the person allowed to run the deploy_from_build workflow. I want the 2nd workflow to start automatically without extra clicks on the user's part, after he does an approval step after receiving the email from the 1st workflow.
I've tried doing it both as a cgitask, and a wftask.
cgitask: The owner of the first workflow is not the same as the approver that starts the 2nd workflow, and because the approver who would kick off the cgitask is a grouptask, I can't specify the exact user in the cgitask to cause it to start immediately (and yes, I'm aware of the requirements to use immediate't' in a cgitask)
wftask: for some reason, nothing happens at all. I don't even see anything in any logs. Just to verify, I created a short workflow that just kicks off a nested workflow. It also did nothing. So, I loaded up the examples/author_assignment_with_nested_workflow.wft and tested it. It ALSO did nothing. When I say nothing, I mean it got to the wftask step, and never kicked off another workflow. When I do iwgetwfobj, it shows only the original workflow, and no others, and shows the current workflow as being at the task ID of the <wftask> task.
Can somebody provide me a direction on either a) how to get what I need done, or b) figure out why the nested workflows with <wftask> don't seem to be working.
Thanks much for any help you can provide.
Feel free to post or email me directly with answers or requests for more information.
David Sorenson
david.sorenson@jnli.comWeb Administrator
Teamsite Adminstrator
Jackson National Life Insurance