Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Publish LiveSite Content Workflow hangs
Bowker
We had an issue where non-administrators workflows would hang while trying to publish .page files in TS 7.2.1.
Symptom: the workflow would not move past "1 of 3 deployments"
Resolution: the layout file (default/main/[branch]/WORKAREA/development/iw/config/fixed-layout/[fn.xml] must be writable by the person doing the submit.
Personally I don't want my business partners to have write access to the page layout file, but apparently it's necessary for the workflow to work.
This issue took over 2 months to resolve, I'm hoping this post can help someone avoid that.
(Yes I'm cross posting this)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
OK, possibility
There is a bug in the WF, where it automagically attaches all dependencies to a WF and not only the dependencies that have been modified.
There is a Java Bean you can set to take only the modified files. This should prevent the layout from being submitted and deployed and fix your issue.
I will find the change I made to make it work. Figured it out because a single page was causing 350 files to deploy every freaking time.
nipper
added this to customer-teamsite-resource-config.xml which overrides the AssetDependencyProcessor configuration
[php]
class="com.interwoven.livesite.dependency.impl.AssetDependencyProcessor">
[/php]
(remove the spaces that the forum puts in my post)