Thanks Jeff. It really irritates me that they couldn't use normal regex for this. Why they feel the need to complicate things to the point of making them have limited use is beyond me. This seems like a relic from the beginning of time at Interwoven, which of course they had to make in some inane proprietary format, and they just never saw fit to update it to something more useful and common, like regex. The fact that they utilize regex in many other places makes it even more maddening. I am irked beyond belief...The good news, I suppose, is that this time at least, I am not the stupid one.
I believe Russell Nakano was responsible for autoprivate.cfg using a lisp-like syntax or something like that, and - yes, it comes from the very early days of the product (pre-3.1 which is where I first got involved).Yes - it only handles exact, prefix, and suffix matches.If your *_fu.* files are all in (or can be made to be in) a uniquely named directory you can use the second-part of the autoprivate.cfg file to mark that directory as private - though somehow I don't think that will help you too much.What creates these files?Perhaps you can use an iwat trigger script or perhaps code something into an externaltask script that runs iwprv -s (or the CSSDK equivalent: CSFile's setPrivateToWorkarea ?)
I would use a deployment filter, but we are already using an include pattern
/^.*([^_]..|_[^f].|_f[^u])\.[^\\\/]+$/
I gave up on this file a while ago, it never seemed to work for me. And I always got annoyed with "invalid autoprivate.cfg format" msg in iwtrace.log even when using the default provided with TS install or from the docs.
The files will not all be in one place, so unfortunately I can't use the directory name. These files are being created for a "secret" part of the website that needs to be developed now, but won't go live until some later date. So they need to be worked into the website, but we cannot deploy them to production just yet. I would use a deployment filter, but we are already using an include pattern and you can't use an exclude pattern together with an include pattern (another peeve of mine, but I won't go there...).I do like your event trigger idea. That is definitely compelling. I'm going to pursue that one, but in the meantime, I will likely just explicitly state all the possible file extensions we use and hope they don't create a different one.Thanks for the tips - that is really helpful.
Interesting - I've never had a problem copying autoprivate.cfg.example to autoprivate.cfg (and they fixed the example file as per an enhancement request I filed too!)
Do you have any control over the file naming for these "secret" files? like maybe they could use an "fu_" prefix? Perhaps you can inject such an idea to those responsible for doing the design work...
in what version was it fixed?I also tried just renaming the .example to .cfg and TeamSite still complained. This was in linux (redhat), I haven't tried in windows.could you give me one that is working for you and i will try ?